Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 19:04:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "User SargeFrank A. Gerbode" <sarge@metapsy.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, phillips@best.com
Subject:   Re: Error messages running rc.network

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, User SargeFrank A. Gerbode wrote:

>     writing to routing socket:  File exists
>     add net default: gateway 206.184.243.169 - file exists
>     writing to routing socket:  Invalid argument
>     add net:  invalid argument
>
> All of this happens while the machine is running rc.network, the
> following section thereof:

[...]

> I imagine the problem may be in the rc.conf file (I just upgraded
> from 2.1.6 to 2.2.0).

2.2.0 didn't have rc.conf.

If you upgraded to 2.2.2 or later and didn't remove sysconfig, it's
probably getting in the way.  Modify rc.conf to reflect sysconfig, move it
out of the way, then try it.

If /etc/sysconfig still exists, it'll be included, but you'll get a
message warning you it's still there and that you should remove it.