Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:02:56 -0700 (MST)
From:      Jason Barnes <jbarnes@c3po.lpl.arizona.edu>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pcm hangs with newly -stabled kernel

        D'oh, sorry about the resubmission, I managed to leave the subject
off the previous one.  I have run upon a problem that nobody was able to
help me with in -questions.  I just cvsup-ped to -stable on October 1.  I
rebuilt my kernel and rebooted, but upon reboot the machine hangs at:

Oct  3 12:24:33 c3po /kernel.old: pcm1: <OPTi931> at port 0x534-0x537,0x380-0x38b,0x220-0x22f,0xe0c-0xe0f irq 5 drq 0,1 on isa0

(this report is from kernel.old booting, I was unable to record any
information from the failed boot.  If it becomes relevant, please let me
know, I can write it down on a napkin and type it in :) )  My sound card
is an el-cheapo "Spacewalker HOT-247" with an OPTi 82C933 chip.
        According to the -stable list there seem to be some problems with
the pcm driver after a commit some months ago.  Is there anything I can do
and/or change in order to get my sound working under the latest -stable?
Thanks to anyone who can help,

                                - Jason

****  Jason Wayne Barnes  ****  -- "Active on the internet."  ****