Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 1996 23:59:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Mark O'Lear" <Mark.Olear@Colorado.EDU>, Jim Dennis <jimd@mistery.mcafee.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MH: inc can't connect to POP mailbox

On Sat, 27 Apr 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:

> > I fixed that.  Modify patch-aa and uncomment the pop sections.
>
> Infact, since sometime in February, it's been the default to INCLUDE
> POP support:
>
> RCS file: /home/ncvs/ports/mail/mh/patches/patch-aa,v
> Working file: patch-aa
> [blah blah]
> revision 1.3
> date: 1996/02/23 01:25:08;  author: pst;  state: Exp;  lines: +8 -8

Well, that would explain a lot.  I'm using the 2.1-R port, which is
apparently behind the times:

# @(#)$Id: patch-aa,v 1.2 1995/08/15 20:08:02 gpalmer Exp $

I'll pull the ports-current version and give it another spin.

> > Is there any way to build a port and have it stop just before it starts
> > building it?  ie "make patch"?
>
> Depends where you want it to stop...
>
> The steps are (if I remember) fetch, checksum, extract, patch,
> configure, build, install. All are available targets for make.

Thanks.  There have been times when I've wanted to change the default
setups without having to ^C the process, and I didn't feel like putting
up with compiling it myself.