Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:37:34 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Digital 21140 based card...

The exact card I'm looking at (haven't bought it yet):

 digital    21140-AC
 DC1036DA   21-43864-01
 (C) (M)    DEC 1995
     515658-11
     A 9641
     0D912E

(Cogent EM110 TX/T4 PCI Uc)

I see these might be supported, but there are still some questions:

1) I see on line 374 of dc21040reg.h, there is the constant:
   TULIP_COGENT_EM100TX_ID .. Shouldn't this be TULIP_COGENT_EM110TX_ID?  I
   see both used, EM110_TX on lines 2272 and 2273 of if_de.c, and EM100_TX on
   line 374 of dc21040reg.h and line 2269 of if_de.c.

2) Are these things any good?  For example two computers with occasionally
   heavy NFS traffic between them.  Or should I look somewhere else entirely?

--
Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have to at least consider