Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:23:21 +0200
From:      Alexander Haderer <alexander.haderer@charite.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to send a PR without send-pr?

hello,

I have just made a new port which I want to make available for the ports
collection. The problem I have:

- The web based PR submit form is down.
- send-pr does not work for me because I am sitting behind a firewall

We have a global mail server for our company that handles all mail traffic.
Users contact this mail server with their favourite mail clients (Netscape,
Kmail, Eudora, ...) via SMTP with auth or SMTP after POP. My FreeBSD
workstation from which I want to send the PR via send-pr has its default
sendmail config and can not send mail to anywhere outside the world. This
is no problem so far as I just use a Win-mail client for my mail communication.

When I run send-pr I get an email to my campus email account:
    The original message was received at Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:59:29 +0200 (CEST)
    from localhost.str.charite.de [127.0.0.1]

    <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org>
        (reason: 554 <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org>: Relay access denied)

I asked the network admins how to configure my FreeBSD box and they told me
to set a relay host in my config. I looked into /etc/mail and
/usr/share/sendmail/cf/README and saw a lot of things I really don't want
to know about.

Q1: How can I submit the PR without send-pr and without the web-interface?

(or, if this to complicated:)

Q2: Is there a chance to setup my local sendmail that it can send mail
worldwide?
(Is this really such a hard job? All this stupid mail clients are able to
talk to our mailserver and they can send mail all over the world)

with best regards,

	Alexander