Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 04:31:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPsec VPN between FreeBSD and WinXP

Hello.
I could set up succesfully a IPSec transport mode VPN between WinXP and
FreeBSD 4.7
The problem is that it works only if I Start the first connection from
WinXP to FreeBSD box, and the vice versa does not work.
If The very first IPSec connection starts from FreeBSD I have this kind of
errors:
Dec  3 12:32:41 hal9000 /kernel: IPv4 ESP input: no key association found
for spi 69118078

Instead once I ping from WinXP then I Can also ping from FreeBSD to WinXP
succesfully.
It looks like IPsec transport cannot be initialized if FreeBSD starts a
connection with its peer IPsec WinXP host.
any hints about this??
I used this document as reference for setting up IPsec VPN:
http://www.wiretapped.net/~fyre/ipsec/

thanks

Rick