Date:      Fri, 09 May 1997 09:09:54 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Stephen McKay <syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Users of CVSup2.FreeBSD.ORG please read!

> Translation:
>
>     "Owner of CVSup2.FreeBSD.ORG foolishly purchased non-parity system
>     and inflicted results on unsuspecting world."
>
> 1/2 :-)

With or without the smiley, that is really a cheap shot.  The people
who run our mirror sites give up 500 MB of disk storage, lots of
CPU cycles, a not-insignificant portion of their network bandwidth,
and ongoing hours of their free time to support us.  In return they
get nothing.  Repeat: nothing.  They don't even get the name
recognition of a typical committer.

There is only one thing that is appropriate to say to these people:
"Thank you."  Try it some time.  And in the future when you have
a point to make, please don't make it at the expense of our
volunteers.