Date:      Sun, 22 May 2016 10:42:43 -0700
From:      Manfred Antar <null@pozo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        rene@freebsd.org, mat@freebsd.org, fbsd@opal.com
Subject:   setiathome version 8 for amd64 current

The version of setiathome in ports isn=E2=80=99t supported anymore.
Version 8 is the one that is supported now.
I was able to get a version 8 build to work.
It requires a new version of boinc-client also.
I have placed a tar archive of the sources at:

http://pozo.com/seti/setiathome.tar.bz2

You need to extract it from the / directory so everything goes into /usr/te=
mp
there is an app_info.xml and boinc-client rc script that work with this.
So to get it to work you need to pkg delete boinc-client boinc-setiathome-v7
Build and install the boinc then build seti_boinc.Manually put seti_graphic=
s and setiathome-8.0.amd64-portbld-freebsd and app_info.xml in /var/db/boin=
c/projects/setiathome.berkeley.edu.
You need gmake for the build.
Also put the rc.script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d

This is for people that have a boinc-client already setup.
Also when you install boinc it puts stuff in /etc/ which is not good. 2 fil=
es boinc-client.conf and init.d/boinc-client.
I think these can bot be deleted as boinc gets it=E2=80=99s parameters form=
 the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/boinc-client script.
Someone could adapt this to the ports tree and then everyone could use.
As it is you can extract and build.
There were some changes needed to the setiathome source that are in the /us=
r/ports/astro/boinc-setiathome-v7/Makefile. removing str_replace.h from var=
ious files.

Anyway it works and has been up and running here for about 4 hours on 4 cpu=
=E2=80=99s

Manfred