Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:07:17 -0800
From:      Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding standalone RSA code

Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 08:58:27PM -0800, Colin Percival wrote:
> +> 1. It is lightweight (around 2% of the size of openssl), which
> +> may allow it to be used in memory-limited environments,
>
> You compered size of the source or compiled library?
> Compiled openssl library isn't too big...

I was comparing /usr/lib/libcrypto.a (1.7 MB on my system) to the sum
of the sizes of the object files built from my library code (38 kB).

If you look at the number of lines of C files (counted using `wc -l`
since I don't want to bother installing sloccount), my code is 1489
lines compared to openssl's 202982 lines.

Colin Percival