Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:08:58 +0100
From:      "Aled Treharne" <aledt@gwydion.force9.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problem with boot.flp

I'm having a serious problem trying to install 2.2.5 onto a PC from the
original CD's.

While booting from the floppy I get this error:

Fatal trap 9: general protection fault while in kernel mode
instruction pointer	=	0x8:0xf01aad71
stack pointer		=	0x10:0xefbfff98
frame pointer		=	0x10:0xefbfffb0
code segment		=	base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b,
				DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	=	resume, IOPL=0
current process 		=	0 ()
interrupt mask		=	net tty bio
panic: general protection fault

Could someone please help me out on this problem? The machine is a Cyrix M2
200 with 40Mb RAM, 8.2Gb Quantum fireball, 2.4Gb Samsung HDD's, Panasonic
24Max CDROM drive, 3C509 TPO ethernet card, S3 Virge VX 2Mb Graphics card.
I'll be happy to supply more info on anything if anyone needs it, and I TIA
for any help.

Many thanks,

-Taff.

E:     taff@uk.aiesec.org