Date:      26 Mar 2001 00:08:20 +0900
From:      CHOI Junho <cjh@kr.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dirk Froemberg <dirk@freebsd.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/korean Makefile ports/korean/mkisofs Makefile distinfo pkg-comment pkg-descr pkg-plist ports/korean/mkisofs/files patch-ac patch-ad patch-aj patch-bb patch-bc patch-bd patch-be

    DF> Hi Junho!
    DF> Why didn't you create a slave port for sysutils/mkisofs?
    DF> The diffs are quite small...

    DF> Regards Dirk

At first I thought about slave ports(like ko-w3m I committed at the
same time), but patch was so big that I gave
up this. mkisofs-1.13-cp949.diff.gz is about 116k, 650k after gunzip.

Usually, many slave ports existing in cjk categories use
EXTRA_PATCHES. When patch is small it is good idea, but it has some
problem when:

 - EXTRA_PATCHES should specify patches in ports tree.
   and localized patch is too big to enter CVS.
   I don't like to see >100k gzip'ed file in ports tree.

 - The localized patch is maintained outside FreeBSD.
   We can just _fetch_ it from net and apply. It should be better.

In this case, adding PATCH_FILES and PATCHSITES in slave ports is
better idea. But, checksum of PATCH_FILES is recorded in `distinfo' of
master ports, and we can't have two or more distinfo in one ports.
If master ports have their distinfo and slave ports have distinfo
about patches it should be better. But I can't do now...

--
 +++ Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my employers +++
 CHOI Junho [now sleeping]                    <http://www.kr.FreeBSD.org/~cjh>;