Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:23:24 -0500
From:      Eric_Stanfield@kenokozie.com
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: 4.4-RELEASE wtf did they do

Anyone else played with 4.4 yet?  I did a binary upgrade from 4.3 which
said it was successful and then left me with a massive amount of errors to
deal with after I rebooted.  Threw in the towel and decided to install from
scratch.  Everything went well but using sysinstall to toss in some basic
packages after the initial installation as well as two subsequent attempts
the next day show sysinstall taking 99% cpu and stalling out after
downloading a couple of packages.  I let it run overnight and eventually it
did finish the package downloads but only succedded in installing 2 of the
10 I selected (using the 4.4 install iso as media).

Been doing this since 3.4 so I don't think this is user error on my part.
Never had such troubles in the past...

Eric Stanfield, K2Access
Keno Kozie Associates
222 N LaSalle #1500