Date:      Fri, 5 May 1995 11:21:45 +0500 (GMT+0500)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   950412: 3c509 & HDD bug ?

I got 950412-SNAP and tried to install it on my 2nd HDD (my working
system is still 950210-SNAP on the 1st HDD). Both drives are IDE.
It installs OK, but then I got a problem. It boots upto the words:

    changing root device to wd1a

and then hangs. Experiments with configuration shown that it boots only
if ep0 is disabled. I tried to put there my old kernel from 950210
and it booted OK with ep0. The problem isn't in ep0 itself, when booted
from diskette it worked OK and I even installed everything from
network.

I have only binary distribution of 950412 now so I can't rebuild the kernel
with DDB or put debugging messages in kernel.

Any comments ?

Oh, I forgot to carry out once more experiment: to copy the kernel from
950412 into my old partition on wd0 and boot from it. I'll try and report.

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia