Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 2014 12:18:25 +0200
From:      John Hay <jhay@meraka.org.za>
To:        pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg fail to install on AVILA/CAMBRIA arm boards

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to build pkg from ports on a nfs booted CAMBRIA arm board
using FreeBSD-head. I can build the whole pkg, but then when trying to
install, I get
pkg-static: failed to find the version elf note

#############
root@:/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg # make install
===>  Installing for pkg-1.2.7_3
===>  Checking if ports-mgmt/pkg already installed
pkg-static: failed to find the version elf note
===>   Registering installation for pkg-1.2.7_3
pkg-static: failed to find the version elf note
pkg-static: failed to find the version elf note
Installing pkg-1.2.7_3...pkg-static: package field incomplete: architecture
pkg-static: the package is not valid
pkg-static: sqlite: cannot rollback - no transaction is active
If you are upgrading from the old package format, first run:

  # pkg2ng

*** Error code 70

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /export/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /export/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
root@:~ # uname -a
FreeBSD  11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r267633M: Thu Jun 19 14:32:34 SAST 2014     jhay@dolphin.meraka.csir.co.za:/usr/obj/arm.armeb/snaps/arm/11-tst/src/sys/CAMBRIA  arm

Is there some bootstrapping that I need to do? My previous arm stuff
used the old pkg system.

Regards

John
--