Date:      Wed, 23 Nov 2005 03:37:23 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ciss(4) driver in FreeBSD 6.x ...

Hi ..

   Having read the man page, there is alot in there that makes me wonder
whether going with a HP Smart Array P600 is a wise idea ...

   "The Compaq ciss adapters require faked responses to get reasonable
behavior out of them.  In addition, the ciss command set is by no means
adequate to support the functionality of a RAID controller, and thus the
supported Compaq adapters utilize portions of the control protocol from
earlier"

   I'm specifically looking at the Proliant DL360, which has this card ...
can you provide any comments, or insight, concerning what the man page
states? Should I shy away from this controller? :(

Thanks ...

----