Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:51:16 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        "Zane C. B-H." <v.velox@vvelox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
Subject:   Re: wpa_cli issues

In the last episode (Aug 19), Zane C. B-H. said:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:14:54 -0500 (CDT) Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com> wrote:
> > From: "Zane C. B-H." <v.velox@vvelox.net>
> > > Is there any way to undefine a variable once it has been set?
> >
> > *As(stated*, the answer involves the offspring of the mating of a
> > rhinoceros and an elephand.
> >
> > =GUESSING= that you mean a shell 'envionment variable', the answer
> > is 'yes'. _How_ one can do it depends on the shell (*unspecified*!)
> > being used. 'unsetenv' _may_ do the trick.  Alternatively a
> > variable assignment with no value (.e.g "VARIABLE=") may work.
>
> Blarg?
>
> None of these is even vaguely related to my question about wpa_cli,
> as stated in the subject.

wpa_cli only understands a fixed list of variables to set, and it doesn't
make sense to "undefine" them.  You can set them back to their default
values, but they must have a value.

Defaults from looking at the source:

EAPOL::heldPeriod = 60
EAPOL::startPeriod = 30
EAPOL::maxStart = 3
EAPOL::authPeriod = 30
dot11RSNAConfigPMKLifetime = 43200
dot11RSNAConfigPMKReauthThreshold = 70
dot11RSNAConfigSATimeout = 60

Running "set" from within wpa_cli should print these values, too, according
to the manpage.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com