Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2004 15:03:00 -0400
From:      Gerry Freymann <lists@interpool.ca>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libintl.so.5 not found and general ports question

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:54:37 -0700
Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com> wrote:

|O|>FWIW, I thought I had jumped the gun with my comment and installed
|O|>apsfilter with no options. I didn't have any problems.

 Yes, worked here fine with only SAMBA as additional selections from the
defaults.

|O|>Glib-2 was upgraded recently

 I have both:

glib-1.2.10_10                      =   up-to-date with port
glib-2.2.3_1                        =   up-to-date with port

|O|>was mozilla-1.6. It is still looking for the old libglib. I also
|O|>didn't have any problem updating kdelibs.

 Hmmm, and it's Mozilla that I was trying to update in the first place.

 Thanks to a note from Michael Nottebrock about 2 weeks ago, I'm told a
good way to upgrade KDE is to:

pkg_delete -f quanta\* kdevelop\* kde\* arts\* qt\*
pkg_add -r kde

 My version of KDE is 3.14 so to update kdelibs3 I'm pretty well looking
at having to update all of KDE, right?

 Thanks again for the reply.

-Gerry