Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 15:34:08 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SUP

Jordan writes:
> Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org> writes:
> > Jordan writes:
> > > But I'm saying we DID give warning!  Lots of warning!  More than
> > > adequate warning!  The problem is that people don't friggin' LISTEN to
> > > warnings when we give them!  We might as well be talking to a field of
> > > stumps when we say "Sup is going away soon!  Everyone upgrade to CVSup
> > > and CTM OK?  OK??"
> > Er, Jordan? Much as I hate to stop a good flame, a better way of
> > saying this might be to cite the mail message(s) you used to announce
> > this.
> Well, here's the article which started it.  The entire thread which
> ensued would be too long to post, but the eventual concensus was a
> resigned "OK, fine, we'll abandon sup - CVSup is simply that much
> easier to maintain and it's a lot less load on freefall if we don't
> have to cvs update two trees every day for sup, so a reasonable
> cost/benefit ratio would seem to exist for this change."
> Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 15:12:06 -0700
> From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
> To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
> Sender:    owner-stable@freebsd.org
> Speaking of which, what do folks think about shutting down sup access
> to -stable and forcing a move towards CTM and CVSup for -stablefolk?

Here's your communication problem. People may or may not follow
discussions. Perhaps an "official" announcement on the "official"
channels (for some definition of "official") would solve this problem
in the future?

There -is- a freebsd-announce mailing list right? Just announce it
next time. I know its an extra step.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

A certain person may have, as you say, a wonderful presence. I do not know.
What I do know is that the person has a wonderfully delightful absence.