Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2012 06:17:55 -0500
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Kernel Internals Documentation

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 18:16:30 -0600 (CST)
Robert Bonomi articulated:

>  Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net> wrote:
> > Chad Perrin articulated:

> > > 1. I didn't say it was "morally correct" to use one set of
> > > derogatory forms and "morally incorrect" to use the other.  You
> > > are attributing arguments to me I never made.
> >
> > I just spent a half hour rereading every post on this thread to see
> > if I had inadvertently stated that you had stated in any way that
> > it was "morally correct". Guess what, there aren't any such
> > statements.

snip]

> He did *NOT* ask the prior poster to explain "why it _would_be_
> morally correct..."    HE demanded that they explain "why it *IS*
> morally correct..."

<quote>
Would you please be so kind as to explain to me why ..."
</quote>

You consider that a demand? That is the most incredible statement I
read in this entire thread. If I had demanded an answer, I would have
clearly indicated it. I am not bashful, as you may have noticed. I
simple asked him to explain why such behavior would be morally
acceptable. At that point he made the accusation that I had
attributed such statements, directly or indirectly to him. I neither
did, nor is there any evidence to support the claim that I had. Both of
you choose to conveniently sidestep that simple fact. Although to his
credit, he did explain his feelings on the matter.

Now, if I asked you to explain the moral justification for the
Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, would I be
accusing you of actually having written it? You don't think things
through do you?