Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 2020 12:16:46 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Centralized user/group/whatever management

--GZVR6ND4mMseVXL/

Julien Cigar wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 04:19:23PM +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> > Dear Colleagues,
> >=20
> > Do you think there exists a modern solution for centralized user/group/=
=2E..
> > management compatible with FreeBSD and Linux?
>=20
> OpenLDAP..?=20

OpenLDAP what?=20

How is your FreeBSD host looking up user accounts and groups in OpenLDAP?
What's the bridge between nsswitch and OpenLDAP?

> (and if someone has a good GUI/CLI for it .. let me know)

Are these tools/mechanisms bound to OpenLDAP or can be used with
any networked database and an appropriate schema? Probably I would find
Postres or MySQL more convenient as a networked database of user data, and
there are great free GUI and CLI tools for them.

--=20
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

--GZVR6ND4mMseVXL/