Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:29:04 +0100
From:      Rainer =?iso-8859-1?q?Gr=F6=DFlinger?= <rainer.groesslinger@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: lang/{*pnet*, treecc, libjit} update request

Hello,

some of the following packages are quite old and lots of things have happend
upstream (none of them has a maintainer assigned, so I am speaking up here):

dev-lang/treecc (0.3.6 -> 0.3.8)
dev-lang/libjit (0.0.4 -> 0.0.6)
dev-lang/pnet (0.7.0 -> 0.7.4)
dev-lang/pnetbase (0.7.0 -> 0.7.4)
dev-lang/pnetlib (0.7.0 -> 0.7.4)
dev-lang/pnetC (0.7.0 -> 0.7.4)
dev-lang/ml-pnet (0.7.0 -> 0.7.4)

Some of these packages have checks for certain architectures which are claimed
not to build, or manually do some PIC changes etc.
I don't have access to anything else besides FreeBSD/i386 and FreeBSD/amd64 so
I don't know if those sparc64 exclusions etc. are still relevant (at least on
GNU/Linux it's working fine).

ml-pnet <=0.7.4 is even known to not compile properly on FreeBSD under most
circumstances ("argument list is too long" when starting compiling), that bug
is fixed in 0.7.4.

Would be cool if someone could take care of these packages.

Cheers,
Rainer