Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 2010 18:21:56 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Vimium on Chromium on FreeBSD

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 02:25:23PM -0600, Chad Perrin wrote:
>=20
> Vimium is one of several Chromium extensions that provide some vi-like
> keybindings, and arguably the one with the best vi-like experience.
> Unfortunately, it is not quite up to the standards of Vimperator on
> Firefox, but it is definitely better than nothing.  Also unfortunately,
> it does not install on FreeBSD in its current official form.  It only
> produces an error.

I figured out why the version of Chromium in ports does not support the
URL scheme wildcard: that was a feature of the matches value that was
added in Chromium v6.x.  Chromium is up to 7.x now, but the version in
FreeBSD ports is still 5.0.x, so my ugly "fix" is necessary to make
Vimium installable.

--=20

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--