Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:24:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Se=E1n_C=2E_Farley?= <sean-freebsd@farley.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Old perl-based script to manage ports

--0-1675424656-1137691468=:76211

Ok.  The subject line is a rip-off of Doug Barton's.  :)  When I saw his
message in the archives, I decided to announce my contribution.  There
can never be enough tools to manage ports.  :)

I started writing this tool in 2003 when Perl was still in the base.  It
is called Port Manager[1] (one of a few called this), pm.pl
specifically.  It is comparable to portupgrade with a few exceptions as
listed on the web page.  Build error recovery is a big feature.

Although it is not well documented, 'pm.pl -nva' should show what would
be done to update a system without actually doing it.  Obviously, -h
will provide you with help.  A .pmrc can be used for options specific to
ports and to hold from updating ports.  Globals for all ports go into
/etc/make.conf.  I just need to document the .pmrc file.

Se=E1n
   1. http://www.farley.org/?page=3Dsoftware#pm
--=20
sean-freebsd@farley.org