Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:04:12 +0000
From:      Patryk Cisek <patryk@cisek.email>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to install FreeBSD 12.1 on Librem laptop

Hi,

I'm new to FreeBSD and was trying to install it on my laptop bare metal
for the first time. I've installed FreeBSD without any problems a number
of times in a VM, but now wanted to install on bare metal for the 1st time.

Right after the initial screen, I'm getting an error message, saying:

can't find '/boot/entropy'

Please, see the screenshot:
https://people.debian.org/~patryk/tmp/freebsd_install_screenshot.jpg

I tried googling for similar problems, but haven't found anything, I
could hold on to. There was a similar issue on a Dell laptop
(forums.freebsd.org), but they resolved the issue by tinkering with
settings in the BIOS. Librem laptops are running SeaBIOS:
https://www.seabios.org/SeaBIOS

so I don't have access to any BIOS settings, really. I might be out of
luck, running FreeBSD on that particular laptop, but wanted to ask for
help here before giving up. I'd really appreciate any help/suggestions.
:) Thanks in advance. :)