Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:20:36 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        Dan Potter <shun@mail.utexas.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: when is 4.0 up for release ?

On 2000-Mar-08 10:38:23 +1100, Dan Potter <shun@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>Has anyone thought about the problem I posted a few days ago (getcwd()
>breaks on unionfs in some conditions)? That seems like a pretty big
>problem to me... maybe not too many people use unionfs though, I don't
>know.

LINT contains the comment:
# NB: The NULL, PORTAL, UMAP and UNION filesystems are known to be
# buggy, and WILL panic your system if you attempt to do anything with
# them.  They are included here as an incentive for some enterprising
# soul to sit down and fix them.

This suggests that there are more serious problems that need fixing.

Peter