Date:      Thu,  6 Mar 1997 19:04:43 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mark Dawson <md@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Support for Compaq SMART-2/P RAID Controller

I have a driver available for Compaq's EISA SMART and PCI SMART/2 RAID
Controllers. The EISA driver has been in live use for 18 months and is
stable. The PCI driver is currently under test on a Prosignia-300 and
should be considered an 'alpha' release - but there are no known
problems. I would appreciate feedback from people wanting to try it
out. I hope to press it into active service on a Proliant 800 model
6/200 in the next few weeks.  Source code and example kernel configs
can be found at:

	<URL:http://www.dcs.qmw.ac.uk/~md/ida>;

the Compaq whitepaper on the technology is at:

	<URL:http://compaq.emea.net/support/techpubs/whitepapers/028a0296.html>;

The configuration of the RAID Array requires Compaq's excellent Disk
Array Configuration Utility which only runs on a machine with a Compaq
BIOS :-(.

best regards,
Mark Dawson