Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:32:56 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Opinion on cross-port OPTIONS CONFLICTS

On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 11:50:53AM -0600, Josh Paetzel wrote:

> > > I don't think that's a scalable solution.  It would create an explosion
> > > of ports in the already taxed tree, as well as confusion as to which port
> > > to install among the users.
> >
> > And what is your solution for this problem?
>
> My initial solution as I posted is to register the OPTIONs used to build a
> port in /var/db/pkg

And how is that going to resolve the issue earlier suggestions
suffered from with regarding to ports which are not installed yet
but which will be installed as a dependency of this port?

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |              Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/