Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:14:26 -0800
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
Cc:        ppc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HFS+

Hi Rafal,

> On a somewhat fs-related note: is anyone aware of efforts towards
> support for cross-endian UFS? It would be nice to create and populate an
> MFS image on LE host. I looked at this briefly, but it didn't seem like
> the quickest task and maybe someone is already working on it.

  This has come up a few times with various folk (Kip Macy ?) saying
that it didn't take long to pull across the NetBSD changes that do this.

  I believe the sysutils/makefs port can handle cross-endian builds.

  If you can get away with a read-only root, mkisofs can do the job and
FreeBSD can deal with an isofs root mount.

later,

Peter.