Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 08:01:20 +0100 (WET)
From:      "Alain FAUCONNET" <af@biomath.jussieu.fr>
To:        steve@cioeserv.cioe.com (Steve Ames)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NFS for Win95?

Steve Ames wrote / a ecrit:

> Anyone know of a good (or maybe cheap :) program that I can use under
> Win.95 to NFS mount my nFreeBSD drives?

Steve,

Been there, looked for a free NFS client, found  none,  bought  X-Link
NFS/95, found out that it is the crappiest piece of software I had seen
in a long time... then I discovered SAMBA and my life changed !

Install  SAMBA  on  your FBSD server. It's in the ports, it's free, it
works  like  a  charm,  it's way more efficient than going the NFS way
between  Unix  and  PC  client,  it needs no extra software on the W95
system (since it implements Microsoft's SMB  file  sharing  protocol).
SAMBA is good for you !

_Alain_

--
Alain FAUCONNET    Ingenieur systeme - System Manager     AP-HP/SIM
Public Health                91 bld de l'Hopital 75013 PARIS FRANCE