Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:11:04 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM Thinkpad R31 w/XFree86 ...

On 17 Sep 2002, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 09:10, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >
> > Anyone running such a beast?  The only good reference i can find about the
> > r31 through google is:
> >
> > 	http://www.xs4all.nl/~matto/tpr31.html
> >
> > but that deals with configuring Linux & X ... I tried the similar config,
> > using 4.6-RELEASE, but it gives me an error about /dev/agpgart not being
> > configured ... looking at dmesg, the video card appears to be coming up as
> > an "Intel model 3577 VGA-compatible display device" .. ?
> >
> > Thoughts?  Something that I have to go to v4.7 to use, or just plain won't
> > work? :(
> 4.7 has the right AGP kernel mod (as of Saturday).
>
> You'll need to run in VESA mode, unless you like CVS XFree86.  I have
> the same chip in my laptop, and VESA works (I can send you both
> configs).

Please?  That would be great ... I'm trying to determine if we could
effectively use these laptops with FreeBSD for coursework (currently using
Linux for it) and the only stumbling block I can think of is X related ...

Now, with VESA mode, do I still need the 4.7/AGP kernel mod, or is that
only for the i810 driver?