Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2019 11:36:52 +0400
From:      Gleb Popov <arrowd@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Linking Linux library to FreeBSD program.

Hello hackers@

In my quest for CUDA on FreeBSD I managed to compile a simple CUDA program
using native clang. However, it required linking to libcudart.so from Linux
CUDA distribution.

As you can guess, running this binary results in a segfault - a.out being a
FreeBSD binary tries to load libcudart.so Linux library, which in turn
pulls Linux libc.so.

What course of action could be taken in this situation? My plan is to
generate a native wrapper library for libcudart.so in which every exported
function would call Linux binary linked to real libcudart.so and route
function arguments via RPC or some other mechanism. This looks awful for
sure, but I don't see any other solutions.