Date:      Fri, 05 Jun 98 14:13:38 -0400
From:      wayne@msen.com
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Page fault in kernel

Based upon the various charters, I assume this is the correct place to
discuss kernel-level problems, if not I'm sure someone will correct me :-)

We're looking at moving our Diablo-based nntp server from BSD/OS to
FreeBSD.  Everything appears mostly OK, except that the machine reboots
every 36 hours or so.  Did a bit of digging into the kernel and found
that the MGETHDR at line 432 of kern/uipc_socket.c is returning with
m = 0, which obviously causes the problem two lines later when it's
trying to be used.

Before I go thrashing around trying to locate this, is this a known
problem with a patch avail?

/\/\ \/\/

FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE #0: Thu May 14 02:06:53 EDT 1998
    wayne@nn2.msen.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/NNTP
CPU: Pentium (199.43-MHz 586-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x52c  Stepping=12
  Features=0x1bf<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,MCE,CX8>