Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 1996 21:31:09 +0000 ()
From:      David Nugent <davidn@sdev.blaze.net.au>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: color-xterm

~
>Why don't you just use the 3.1.2G xterm, that one has color, right?

Nope. Well, it /might/, but I haven't been able to get that to
work. Tried +cm and +dc as per the man page, but it is still
black and white (or the default fg/bg colours).

>I was planning to remove color_xterm as soon as XFree86 makes the next
>release....

Wished I could. :-)  In fact, I had explored all of the options
of xterm thinking, like you, that it did colour, only to find
that it apparently doesn't, or doesn't in the same way that
color_xterm does. I came to the conclusion that the only real
"color" support in there has to do with being able to change the
default text/reverse/standout/bold/underline/cursor colouration
(which it does).

Hmm, maybe I should play with resources. I didn't try that
earlier, thinking that the command line might override them.

(Later) Ah, that did it. Thanks! I just needed to set up the
*color?: resources. Hmph, you'd think it would come with a
default resource file. :)

Regards,
David

David Nugent, Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-791-9547 Data/BBS +61-3-792-3507 3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~david