Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:21:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        imp@harmony.village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccardd, pccardc, the LabPC+, and the NIDAQ 1200

> I don't know why pccardc enabler would work, but I don't understand
> that at all...

I lied earlier - pccardc and pccardd weren't using the same port.
By hand I was using 0x260 while pccardd was trying to use 0x250.

The board says it can decode 5 address lines and from this pccardd
is deciding it needs 32 consecutive ports without any restriction on the
alignment, and in this case handing it port 0x250.

I assume this is wrong unless the PCCARD mapping registers are more
sophisticated than I expect.  I'm about to change pccardd to ensure
the returned port address is aligned on a mod bus size boundary -
if I'm missing something shout now.  I should check gnats on this
one to see if I'm encountering a known problem.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval