Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 09:18:16 -0700
From:      dsilver@mail.quantified.com
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Second hard drive problems

# grep wd1 dmesg.boot
wd1: 1039MB (2128896 sectors), 2112 cyls, 16 heads, 63 S/T, 512 B/S
wdc1 not found at 0x170

# disklabel -r wd1s1
disklabel: /dev/rwd1s1c: Device not configured
# disklabel -r wd1s1e
disklabel: /dev/rwd1s1e: Device not configured

Does this mean the disk is dead and I'm SOL?

Doug Silver
Quantified Systems, Inc