Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 1997 19:54:26 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        Alan Batie <batie@aahz.jf.intel.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: video capture software?

Alan Batie scribbled this message on Jun 23:
> All that I've seen wrt video so far are mbone and tv apps; has anyone done
> any video capture (e.g. avi, quicktime) work on FreeBSD?  Preferably
> synchronous audio/video?  I'm currently using Adobe Premiere on Win95, and
> while don't expect anything that fancy, I'm on the verge of spending more
> money than I can afford to get hardware with drivers that can do synchronous
> capture.  After-the-fact synchronization really sucks...

well.. I grabed the Babylon 5 Intro.. it doesn't have sound as fxtv
doesn't yet support simultaious capture yet...  I did start work on
tring to get fxtv to do synchronous audio/video capture, but I have
other work to do now...

oh..  as a side note, I did get fxtv to save ppm's instead of just
tiff's, which make mpeg_encode run quite a bit faster.. :)

ttyl...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD