Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 1997 21:15:28 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        guido@gvr.win.tue.nl, tom@sdf.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: old "make reinstall" bug

>There are more bugs. Building of xinstall during the bootstrap fase in a
>make world breaks on pre 2.2.2 systems. The fix is to have a -I../../sys
>in the makefile. Also netstat and others are broken because they use -I/sys.
>I will fix this soon.

The correct fix for the others is to remove -I/sys (so that everything
is consistently broken if /usr/include/sys is not installed :-).
xinstall and other bootstrap targets require something more, probably
src-tree relative -I's in /usr/src/Makefile instead of ${DESTDIR}-relative
-I's in /usr/src/Makefile.

Bruce