Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 05:07:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@wireless.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: limiting per process swap space utilization like Solaris ulimit?

> as to your qmail question:
>
> ulimit is built into the shell, check shell man pages until you find it.

Ah yes.. I don't use bash, but sure enough, bash seems to satisfy my
bizzare need to limit swap space per process utilization, although I'd
prefer using login.conf for this.

> you can also use login classes to limit programs,
> man login.conf

Where in login.conf are you able to limit the amount of swap space per
process ulitization like you can with bash's "ulimit -v"?

Bernie