Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:12:46 -0800
From:      Shawn Workman <sworkman@nidlink.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make upgrade from 2.2.8S to 3.0S

I had to cd to /usr/src/lib and run make there after I ran 'make upgrade' .
It errored one time on one of the dirs it was .... hmmm...  Forgive me I am
at work, and checked it at lunch..

andyway whichever one it said it couldn't find I cd'ed to that dir in
src/lib and ran 'make install'
then 'cd ../ ; make install'  (in src/lib).

when that was done I went back to /usr/src and ran 'make upgrade' and it
continued with the build of the kernel then prompted me to reboot and came
up fine (with minor startup errors is come of my /etc/* files but pppd
started up and I logged in no prob..

Could not run startx though could not find a library file.

Hope this helps a little