Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:17:14 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John-David Childs <jdc@ism.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Uninstalling Kerberized passwd file??

RECAP: I'm installing a new freebsd box but need compatibility with my
BSDi/FreeBSD 2.1-R unix passwd files...it would appear that my new box is
"Kerberized" but my old ones aren't.

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, jack wrote:

> Did you remember to install (or not) DES support to match your 2.1-R
> setup?

Aaargh!  I just finished (again) going from 2.1 to 2.1-stable (aka 2.1.5)
and BEFORE running pwd_mkdb I looked at the original passwd file....it DOES
have $1$xxxxxx (I'm assuming this is because I did "make -DMAKE_EBONES")
whereas my other boxes do not....

Short of redoing the whole thing again so as to NOT install EBONES or DES,
is there any way to convert the password file to a non-Kerberos version so
that I can maintain compatibility with my BSDi passwd file (or uninstall
Kerberos)
--

John-David Childs             www.marsweb.com/www.ism.net
System Administrator          Internet Services Montana (406)721-6277