Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2008 07:35:45 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org>
To:        John Pettitt <jpp@cloudview.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7-STABLE not seeing second em interface on supermicro mb

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 12:14:04AM -0700, John Pettitt wrote:
> I just installed 7-STABLE on a new dual/quad machine based on a supermicro
> motherboard - it works fine except that it's not seeing the second network
> interface (em driver) - is there a magic incantation to make this work?

What Supermicro system or motherboard is this?  I have many, so I can
confirm/deny what you're seeing on other systems.

> Where should I start debugging this ?

Start with:

1) the BIOS -- you can enable/disable NICs there.  If both show enabled,
try Load Setup Defaults to make sure there's no CMOS corruption
(sometimes this happens when upgrading BIOSes, and may have happened at
the factory -- who knows).

2) Jumpers on the motherboard -- many Supermicro boards have actual
jumpers on the board to disable either NICs, in addition to the BIOS
option.  Check these.