Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 1997 15:07:03 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Writing an X app

> I am going to write an X app, but I don't know what to use. Is
> XLib common?  I have access to documentation for it. Does anyone
> know where I can get XLib for freebsd?

I *strongly* :-) suggest everybody interested to have a look at the
Qt toolkit at http://www.troll.no

Very, very good. Free, GNU copyleft, source code, documentation and
tutorial in html, written in C++ (we _all_ do love C++, don't we ? ;-).

Compiles directly out of the box for FreeBSD, Linux and many
other Unices.  There's also a NT version (not free), so it can be
interesting also to do GUI cross-platform development.

Cheers
Marco