Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:53:13 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: loopback mounts

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 09:29:04AM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav wrote:
> It is currently not possible to list loopback NFS mounts in /etc/fstab
> without noauto, because mountcritremote runs before mountd has
> started; mountd depends on nfsserver, rpcbind and quota, which all
> depend on mountcritremote (presumably because nfsd, rpcbind and
> quotaon all reside in /usr/sbin, which might be on a remote file
> system)
>=20
> The file systems which I mount over loopback NFS are not critical, and
> can safely be mounted later in the boot process, but we don't have a
> "mountnoncrit" script, or any way to indicate in fstab that a file
> system is non-critical.

In many ways a mountnoncrit would be the best solution, but that
would would require some significant work since we'd probably need to
add an extra fields to fstab (though it might be feasible to have
a list of critical file systems and try to mount them explicitly
instead).  A small bit of additional care would be needed to insure that
early_late_divider was set correctly in either case.

-- Brooks

--=20

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24--