Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:35:14 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        nsayer@freebsd.org, nsayer@sftw.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, imp@village.org
Subject:   Re: sysctl interface for apm?

>>>>> On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:15:18 -0700
>>>>> Nick Sayer <nsayer@sftw.com> said:

nsayer> The "why bother" is easy -- one should not have to belong to group
nsayer> operator to determine the current battery state. Too many things
nsayer> already have to be sgid (at least) without making this another reason.

I love this feature.

nsayer> I took a middle ground. I have two ints, machdep.apm_battlevel
nsayer> and machdep.apm_powerstate. The power state number is
nsayer> -1 to 5 for unknown, critical, low, medium, high (which four imply
nsayer> battery power), AC or charging (which two imply AC power).

Then, I cannot switch to use sysctl.  Actually, GKrellM requires
ai_batt_stat, ai_acline, ai_batt_life and ai_batt_time members of
struct apm_info.

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/