Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 00:12:19 -0500 (CWT)
From:      Chriss <chriss@toto.oz-online.net>
To:        Nicholas Brawn <ncb@zip.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: legal notice for telnet/etc

NOTES
     By default telnetd will read the he, hn, and im capabilities from
     /etc/gettytab and use that information (if present) to determine what
     to display before the login: prompt. You can also use a System V
     style /etc/issue file by using the if capability, which will override
     im. The information specified in either im or if will be displayed to
     both con-sole and remote logins.