Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:04:20 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.NET>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, "Alex G. Bulushev" <bag@sinbin.demos.su>, Daniel Rock <rock@cs.uni-sb.de>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current NFS problem

> Perhaps this could be the problem with NFS "hanging" certain people all
> the time? (not the pine thing) The system spending way too much time
> inside the kernel transmitting NFS packets....

No.  Lack of ACCESS caching makes us slow and eats the network (because
we are very good at generating/sending/receiving them).

If there's someone out there that wants to work with the very best NFS
people in the business to sort out our problems, please let me know.
NetApp are keen to see our issues resolved (it will mean less angst
for them in the long run, as they have many FreeBSD-using customers).

Right now, we are accumulating a bad NFS reputation. 8(