Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 03:51:33 +0100 (CET)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        hsw@acm.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot0, was /boot/loader what to set rootdev to?

According to Christopher Hall:
> I simply wanted to take an already installed/working FreeBSD system on
> a single IDE disk.  (only has has one FreeBSD partition, no space left
> to install bootmanager partitions).  Take it to a clients site - they
> have one pc with Win95 installed (disk is almost full).  I would move
> the Win95 to slave, put the FreeBSD as master and still allow booting
> back into Win95.

Excuse me? Win 95 needs to be on "C:", ie the first disk. No can do.
Instead take your drive, and a DOS boot floppy with bootinst.exe and
boot.bin and go to your customer. Hang your drive as slave, and boot
from the floppy, and install booteasy using bootinst.exe, and you can
boot either of the disks.

  /Mikael