Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 14:31:48 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        pst@jnx.com (Paul Traina)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, bde@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: serial ports at 230k

> Does anyone have any experience with running 16550A's at 230kbps
> under FreeBSD?
>
> Yes, I know, the driver doesn't support it currently, but has anyone
> played?

The hardware doesn't support it, unless you changeout your clock
crystal (assuming it isn't using an on-board clock generator in
an ASIC containing it and the UART both).

All the driver does is translate manifest conatants to bit patterns,
so it doesn't care if B300 (for instance) really makes the UART go
into 300 baud mode or not.

8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org