Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 14:57:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kazem Akbari <akbari@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
To:        akbari@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu, freebsd@freebsd.com, questions@xfree86.com, support@cdrom.com, tombs@xfree86.com, xfree86@xfree86.com
Subject:   My problems with XF86 and making the PORTS

Hi folks:

   It has been for past five weeks which I am struggling to install my
FreeBSD2.1/XFree86  package and  build   the ports  in the  /usr/ports
directory,  but in spite  of  all efforts  the   the "make" and  "make
print-index" commands don't work and UNIX  asks for the target file of
"make" and  also says there is no  entry  for the index.  Furthermore,
after   installation of XFree86  the  top left  corner Xterm-window is
shifted to the left for about 8 piksels.  In other words, the x-window
wraps aruond for about 8 piksels to the  left, I mean the xterm window
on the left-top  corner wraps 8 piksels of  its body  to the right-top
corner of x-window (8  piksels of the  xterm  window is  missing).  It
will be greatly  appreciated  if some  kind souls  give me a  detailed
direction for the successful installation  of the XFreeBSD/XFree86 and
resolving the fore-mentioned problems.  Thank you in advance for  your
kind consideration/assistance.

Yours,

Kazem Akbari.