Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:33:08 +0200
From:      Klaus Herrmann <klaus.herrmann@gmx.net>
To:        Oren Sarig <sarig@bezeqint.net>, freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AVM Fritz PCI

> Well, if I ignore the other messages, then I'm pretty much ok. I opened
> isdnd in interactive mode so I could monitor everything. If I do `ifconfig
> isp0 up`, isdnd shows it's connecting, and finally connects. Every once in
> a while it disconnects and says the reason was a "normal disconnect". I
> noticed this happenes whenever the `/kernel: i4b-L1-timer4_expired: state =
> F3 Deactivated' message appears. After that, I have to do an `ifconfig isp0
> down` and `ifconfig isp0 up` to reconnect.
>
> Anyways, even when I am connected, the net doesn't work. I try to ping my
> ISP's DNS, and it doesn't get a response. When I try to ping a domain, it
> doesn't respond either.
>
> What's wrong? Why does isdnd disconnect whenever the message appears? Why
> doesn't `ifconfig isp0 up` reconnect me, and I have to do an `ifconfig isp0
> down` before that? Why can't I access the network?

hmm, you might want to try the debug option to see whether you really get
connected or not. you will see if the output looks like a good dial-in with
successful pap/chap authentification. if so, try nslookup to see if your pc
looks for the right dns servers. but pinging any host should definitly work.
what error message(s) do you get?
oh, and you could try "tcpdump isp0" to take a look if there are any packages
delivered at all.

adios,
	Klaus

--